One of the best ways to keep your walk with Jesus on the straight and narrow is to form a Lighthouse Group with a couple of friends, or at least people with whom you feel comfortable being open and honest. Ideally, a group will have two or three of you and will consist of three essential disciplines:
Confession of sin
- Use the question sheet provided as a way in to being vulnerable with one another.
- Be honest in your answers and don’t be afraid to hold the other members of the group accountable. Like you, they are in the group of their own volition!
- The questions are only an aid for allowing a time of confessing and receiving forgiveness.
- Often you will only touch on one or two questions – those that feel most pertinent to your situation, perhaps.
- Each group agrees to read a book of the Bible.
- The ideal is to read between 25-30 chapters a week (this is obviously open to negotiation).
- If the book you are reading is short then the group are encouraged to reread several times.
Praying for Others
- Each member decides on two or three people for whom they will pray.
- These names are shared with the other members so that each person in the group will be praying for all the names listed.
- To help in your prayers there is a template on the question sheet that can be used.