This is the Spiritual Formation Workbook, produced by the Renovaré Institute. All Saints will be looking at the spiritual disciplines outlined in this book during the Spring 2016 sermon series. We’d love it if your Life Group wanted to join us as we look at these ancient practices.
Our hope is that as your group works through these practices (modeled so perfectly by Jesus) you will both further your current Christian walk and discover new ways to go deeper with God.
Most Life Group Leaders now have the workbook but if you would like one please see Daniel Currie or contact the Church Office. All Saints has around 15 copies of the book so there’s a chance they will all be on loan elsewhere. If this is the case, you could always borrow one from another group or buy your own copy at http://new.renovare.org/books/spiritual-formation-workbook (other places do sell it so scout around).
The chapters are:
- Discovering a Balanced Vision of Christian Faith and Practice: The Life of Jesus Christ
- Practicing the Prayer-Filled Life: The Contemplative Tradition
- Practicing the Virtuous Life: The Holiness Tradition
- Practicing the Spirit-Empowered Life: The Charismatic Tradition
- Practicing the Compassionate Life: The Social Justice Tradition
- Practicing the Word-Centered Life: The Evangelical Tradition
- Practicing the Sacramental Life: The Incarnational Tradition
If you go to http://www.renovarelife.org/resources/ there are some excellent short videos outlining the basics of each spiritual tradition.