The Parish of All Saints Church, Marple
PROMOTING A SAFER CHURCH
If you have any safeguarding concerns please click here for a list of local and national contacts:
For immediate risk or significant harm please contact the local police (call 101)
The following policy was agreed at the Parochial Church Council (PCC) meeting held on 18th July 2023.
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our church is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Please see the Promoting a Safer Church Policy Statement for the full policy and also the Parish Safeguarding Handbook for information on how the policy is applied:
The Parish will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) Sarah Holton & Kate Zijlstra to work with the incumbent Daniel Currie and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs. (A Safer Church poster with contacts, a child friendly version, Childline and Family Lives Helpline contacts displayed.)
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse. (Note of concern forms available.)
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) Sean Augustin (07704338885 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties. (Retention of Safeguarding Case files with incumbent 8.8 Parish Safeguarding Handbook)
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
This church appoints Sarah Holton and Kate Zijlstra as the Parish Safeguarding Officers.
Incumbent Rev. Daniel Currie
Churchwarden Charles Farr